WHAT IS IT?
It is a drug that was originally used only orally to treat hypertension, since its function is vasodilator.
During the clinical studies of this drug, it was observed that they had a side effect, which is the increase in body hair , which led to think about its use for hair growth in alopecia.
Towards the 80s, the Upjohn laboratories (USA) began to produce a hydroalcoholic solution of 2% minoxidil, with indications of its use for androgenetic alopecia. His commercial name was Rogaine.
Currently, different lotions or topical formulas are formulated with concentrations of 2% to 15%, depending on whether they are for men or women. It is not really known what is the method of action of this, however, it is effective.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
Topical 15% Minoxidil with Finasteride is used to stimulate hair growth and to stop hair loss. In fact, the vasodilator effect of the blood vessels of the scalp that are in the follicle improves the oxygenation and strength of the hair.
When we talk about alopecia we usually refer to premature hair loss, it can be due to hereditary, hormonal factors, nutritional deficiencies or even periods of stress or excess fat.
Also by androgens (male hormones are one of the biggest responsible causes). Androgenetic alopecia is what men suffer from, starting with the entries in the forehead and the crown of the head, and progressively progressing. It is normal to lose between 50 and 80 hairs a day, but it is renewing itself. Each hair lasts from 2 to 6 years.
- It stimulates hair growth
- Stop the fall
- It increases the time in which the hair is in the growth phase
Although it must be taken into account that it is effective when recently hair has been lost, especially under 40 years. If the entries of the hair are already old and important, they will hardly be recovered.
HOW IS IT USED?
- It should be applied with dry scalp. The laboratories recommend applying it twice a dayin important falls, usually 1 ml each time.
- The amount indicated by the manufacturing laboratory must be used, not by applying more quantity will be more effective. On the contrary, it can cause irritation of the scalp.
- Depending on the product, we can find it in syringe or pipette dosing, roll-onor
- Once applied the amount indicated should be extended with the tips of the fingersand trying not to go to areas where we do not want the hair to grow.
- Hair should not be washed at least 4 hoursafter application.
- Wash your handsafter the application.
- Do not use hair dryerafter applying the solution as it may lose effectiveness.
- It must be taken into account that sometimes it can stain the sheets of the bed or clothes if it is completely dry.
- If the product we have purchased is foam, it can also be applied using the fingertips to massage the scalp.